Wrinkles and Lines
Unfortunately, we cannot stop the march of time and stay young forever. As we age, our skin cells begin to lose moisture and less collagen is produced in the dermis (inner layers of skin). This layer of the skin is responsible for the skin’s firmness. Elastin fibres begin to wear out and our skin also thins as it loses fat in the subcutaneous layer (under the dermis). These changes will cause our skin to sag and wrinkle.
The main factor responsible for the ageing of our skin is the exposure to ultraviolet rays of the sun, poor diet, lack of exercise, and smoking. The first signs of the aging process will begin to appear in our late 20s and accelerate within the subsequent decades.
Until recently, the overwhelming majority of anti-ageing treatments involves the usage of lotions and moisturizers or extensive cosmetic surgery to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Recent developments in aesthetic medicine made way for non-invasive or minimally invasive procedures that help to restore the natural beauty of your skin. There are various types of anti-wrinkle injections available at our clinic in Kuala Lumpur.
What can we do to improve wrinkles and lines?
- When comes to anti wrinkle injections in Kuala Lumpur, the most sought after one will be botulinum toxin (BOTOX or Dysport). By injecting botulinum toxin into the wrinkle and areas affected by lines, the underlying overactive muscles causing these dynamic (obvious only when having facial expressions) wrinkles will be relaxed, disabling to move to the degree where they normally are able to. The effect can last about 4 to 6 months.
- To erase static (obvious even without facial expression) wrinkles and skin folds such as laugh lines, ‘puppet’ lines and tear trough. Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are the most appropriate treatment option.
- There are various types of injectable treatments available in our clinic which are able to improve wrinkles and fine lines — such as HA skin boosters (Teosyal Puresense Redensity I and Juvederm Volite), Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Rejuran Healer PN/PDRN.
- Laser toning with Fotona QX MAX can reduce nearly all fine lines while improving deeper, more dynamic wrinkles after several treatments. The overall result is that your skin will not only look smoother and younger, but it will also feel tighter and more supple. This removes age spots and various ageing-related skin lesions. It also affects the tone of your skin, giving you a credible, natural, and rejuvenated look.
- Fotona 4D Laser Skin Tightening is able to smooth fine lines and wrinkles as well as reduce blemishes and tighten loose skin on your face and neck effectively. This 4-steps laser treatment targets the volume that is lost from the oral cavity by stimulating new collagen regeneration as well as improving the external appearance of the skin.
Before & After Photos courtesy of Fotona
- TwinLight Rejuvenation Laser treatment is one of the popular treatments at My Bliss Clinic. This ultimate skin rejuvenation laser therapy combines 2 lasers: Er YAG and Nd:YAG in a single, synergistic treatment. You will be able to see the resurfacing results of Dynamis Resurfacing Laser as well as skin tightening and texture improving effects of Nd:YAG laser.
More than one of the above treatments can be combined to achieve their synergistic effects. Of course, no therapy can prevent ageing and wrinkles re-appearing with time so a maintenance schedule that is managed by our doctor will keep your skin looking young.
Check out our Age Defy Program